AESES-UW Bargaining (2019)
December 3, 2018
With the current 4.5-year Collective Agreement with the University of Winnipeg set to expire on September 21, 2019, a Negotiation Committee was recently formed. The following members were elected by acclamation as representatives to a position on the AESES-UW Negotiation Committee:
- District 51: Daniel Bailey (Education – C.A.T.E.P.)
- District 51: Romer Bautista (Collegiate)
- District 53: Eric Benson (Registrar, Graduate Studies)
- District 54: Kerniel Aasland (Urban & Inner City Studies)
- District 54: Michele Del Rizzo (TSC)
- District 55: Char Ducharme (Facilities)
- District 55: Daniel Matthes (Library)
- District 56: Leanne Shumka (Awards & Financial Aid)
- President: Laurie Morris (Philosophy)
- Executive Appt: Pam Delorme (Biology)
- Executive Appt: Joan Duesterdiek (TSC)
- Executive Appt: Meaghan Michaluk (Kinesiology & Applied Health)
- AESES Executive Director: Lisa McKendry
- AESES Labour Relations Officer: Lorne Hilton
- AESES Member Services Officer: Colleen Thompson
A call for proposals was also sent out to UW’s membership in November. Once the deadline to receive these passes, the team will plan their first meeting to begin discussing and reviewing all submitted potential proposals.
October 1, 2018
AESES is preparing to start the bargaining process at The University of Winnipeg, in light of our current collective agreement expiring on September 21, 2019. To start, a call has gone out for the nomination of members to join the AESES-UW Negotiation Committee. Each district can elect a maximum of two representatives to the committee. Only signed AESES members may nominate or be nominated to serve as a committee member.
Nomination forms were recently mailed out to all UW members. If you have not received one, please contact the AESES Office and we will provide you with the form. The deadline to receive nominations is October 9, 2018.
September 11, 2018
The current Collective Agreement expires on September 21, 2019. According to Clause 8.2.2 of the Association Bylaws it states, each member of the Negotiation Committee shall serve for a term that shall expire on the later date of either the signing of the collective agreement negotiated by that Negotiation Committee or ten (10) months prior to the termination of the collective agreement negotiated by that Negotiation Committee. Election shall be held immediately following expiration of the term of the members of the previous Negotiation Committee.
A nomination form for the Negotiation Committee can be downloaded here. If you are aware of a member in your district who you feel would represent you well in this capacity, please nominate him/her. Be sure to obtain his/her signature (and that of one other member) on the nomination form. Each district can elect a maximum of two representatives to the Negotiation Committee.
Nominations may be mailed to AESES c/o Mail Room, University of Winnipeg, or to the AESES Business Office at 103-900 Harrow St. E., Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Y7, or fax your completed nomination form to 204-949-5215. You may also submit a scanned copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of nominations is Tuesday, October 9, 2018.