Calling All Creatives: Design Contest
The AESES Communication Committee is seeking creative input from our union members. We’re looking to update our insideAESES newsletter’s masthead and we need help doing so.
What is a masthead, you might ask? It’s that portion at the top of the front page of our newsletter, which includes our contact info, volume info, insideAESES title, logo and accompanying image. See page 1 of our latest issue to get a sense of what it currently looks like.
We’re asking our members to submit their design samples to us by December 21, 2017, as part of a contest. The committee will then review all submissions and select the preferred choice for use in our future issues. The selection will earn the designer a $250 gift certificate to Best Buy.
The parameters for the masthead are as follows:
- must include AESES logo, either full colour or white/knockout
- must include insideAESES title, as well as ‘proud member of the Confederation of Canadian Unions’ text
- must include date, volume and issue number
- should establish our identity as a union and not be focused exclusively on one group over another (UM, UW, St. Andrew’s College)
- the dimensions for the width should be exactly 8.5” (612px). And the height should be a maximum of 4.0” (288px), but may be less.
- the file must have editable text and be of the .indd .psd .tif .ai or .eps variety
- any images used should have either the owner’s permission or be public domain
- when submitting your design, please let us know which font families were used
Please contact us with any questions about the contest, design parameters, or for access to AESES’ logo files. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com