Collective Agreement Questions? Drop in for a Session
AESES is pleased to announce that we are trialing a new type of service for our members – an informal drop-in session! This is your chance to speak to an AESES representative face-to-face during working hours at your campus.
Drop in and speak with our Member Services Officer, Colleen Thompson, and receive guidance/advice on workplace issues. All inquiries are confidential and your questions and concerns will not be shared with anyone else without your approval.
Potential (general) questions you could pose and have answered include:
- What is a Collective Agreement and where do I find ours?
- What are the different types of leaves available to me?
- When does seniority apply?
- What happens if the Collective Agreement is silent on an issue?
- Anything else you’re curious/unclear about or want more information on
Drop-in sessions will be offered on:
- Wednesday, September 18th. At UM Fort Garry. In Room 524, University Centre. Between 9am and 1pm.
- Wednesday, September 25th. At UM Bannatyne. In Room 209, Brodie. Between 9am and 1pm.
- Wednesday, October 2nd. At UW. In Room 1C34, Centennial Hall. Between 9am and 1pm.
Appointments at specific times can also be scheduled/requested. To book one of these, please email Colleen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that meeting times may be limited to a 15-minute duration, if other members are waiting for a turn.
Come meet your Member Services Officer. Come have your pressing contract-related questions answered. Come to the drop-in session!